Designed specifically for women, the new AutoTrader.com Roadmap to Car Shopping Success, developed with Courtney Hansen, host of Spike TV’s “Powerblock” and author of The Garage Girl’s Guide to Everything You Need to Know About Your Car, makes it easy for women to approach the car shopping experience with certainty, regardless of how car-savvy they are.
Created as a how-to guide for car shopping and buying, the AutoTrader.com Roadmap to Car Shopping Success, provides women with all the inside tips, insights and information they need to help find the right vehicle for their lifestyle, budget and needs. A recent survey from found that approximately one in four women find shopping for a vehicle “stressful,” compared to only 15% of men. Furthermore, while nearly half of men feel “certain and confident” when visiting car dealerships, only one in four women feel the same way. But according to Hansen, shopping for a car can be a fun and rewarding experience, despite any lack of automotive know-how. Courtney Hansen first attained popularity and a devoted worldwide following as the gorgeous, spunky co-host of TLC’s hit car makeover show “Overhaulin’” where she worked with automotive design legend, Chip Foose, transforming a viewer’s scrappy ride into an ultimate show car in one week. The show continues to air across the world on TLC & Discovery. Soon after she co-hosted two other TLC specials, “Rides: Biggest Spenders” and “Million Dollar Motors.”
Some of Hansen’s tips from the AutoTrader.com Roadmap to Car Shopping Success include:
Researching and Planning
· Determine what vehicle features – like passenger seating, storage capacity, fuel costs, and part replacement – are essential your lifestyle.
· Compare vehicles, research prices, look at videos and photos, and access local inventory on sites like AutoTrader.com. Bring this research to the dealer or seller.
Visiting a Dealership or Private Seller
· Ask questions to show that you’re prepared and knowledgeable.
* Get up and take a walk if you ever feel uncomfortable.
Test Driving and Inspection
· Bring a friend to the test drive and to help you fully examine the body, interior and engine.
* Conduct a thorough visual inspection after the test drive.
Considerations and Precautions
* Get a CARFAX history report before buying any pre-owned vehicle, based on the vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number.
* Review government and insurance company crash test ratings for any vehicle you’re considering.
· Go to the dealership armed with the best interest rate that you can locate on your own.
* When negotiating a monthly payment, focus on the actual price of the car.
· Ask the dealer or seller to explain how the cost breaks down and get it in writing.
For more information and tips, please check out www.AutoTrader.com/roadmap.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
AutoTrader.com's New Roadmap To Car Shopping Success
Posted by Cyndi Kight, Associate Editor of Towing & Recovery Footnotes at 2:53 PM