Sunday, December 7, 2008

File Under "Not Cool"

From the Hudson Reporter:
Chief William F. Galvin Jr. of the North Bergen Police Department announced today the arrest of four employees and one principal owner of HighPoint Towing of Union City and North Bergen, on various allegations including theft, arson for hire, insurance fraud, possession of burglar’s tools, witness tampering, and aggravated assault.

At the conclusion of a two-month investigation, North Bergen Police Detectives charged that HighPoint tow truck drivers were allegedly paid cash to steal large vehicles and trucks in order to increase revenue and bill insurance companies for a large sum of money, police said.

Five individuals from Union City, Lyndhurst, and Secaucus were arrested.

1 comment:

The Cake Lady said...

Cyndi,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I had fun with that cake. It was the first truck I ever attempted! I have had many tell me that it should seen by those who do your sort of work...not sure how to go about letting it be seen but I am glad you happened on it!
Shelley